Thursday, March 09, 2006

Three Little Pigs Nightmare


I have remarked many times regarding my opinion of the quality of work, the timeliness of work, and the overall work ethic I observed from Three Little Pigs Construction.

Too many times have I heard 'professional' contractors say things like, "manufactures defect" blame the owner for delays and changes, not show up when they arrange to show up or show and and then have to leave right away. I found this link about contractors from hell. Funny thing is at least 10 of the 15 warning signs happened to me.


As the house takes on character,

I am in serious reflection on the emotions I have experienced. The emotions involved in planning, the emotions involved when ground was first broken, the emotions involved when the foundation was poured. Those were good feelings. To see something you had in your mind for many years taking shape was very satisfying. To go hope to despair inside of 4 months is difficult. To see what you have wanted so much, worked so hard for, sit unfinished, with no progress and no guarantee that is will ever be done is maddening. To have someone explain to you that things were done so wrong that the possibility exists that you may have to tear down the roof framing and rebuild it correctly is the ultimate nightmare come true. Fortunately, that did not happen but it was THE low moment in the building of this house.


No comments: