Monday, March 27, 2006

Seeing Results

The house is starting to resemble a home. With paint complete, doors hung, and the final fixtures going in, the negative aspects are begining to recede into the past. Someday, this will all be a memory. Hopefully a lot sooner than later.

At the other end of the spectrum, getting this project to a point where I am proud of it has taken hard work, intestinal fortitude, and many, many sleepless nights. I really want to thank all the well wishers, the people who have patiently listened to me rant and rave, the friends who have supported me, and I want to thank Al Gore for creating the internet :-). Without this outlet, I surely would have gone mad.

Unfortunatly, not everyone is well wisher. Some people believe that in spite of the unauthorized engineering changes, the poor window install, the support post smack dab in the middle of the picture window, and the lack of heating in the bedroom and baths, that this is somehow my fault. As if I MADE the contractor do these things. As if the contractor actually informed me of these changes. To these people I say leave a comment with your opinions. Please share with us some of your insights. Or you can remain in the shadows lurking...

No comments: