Monday, April 17, 2006

Throwing a Fit over Finish

I am having a fit over the finish. There seems to be so much to do and not a good way to prioritize things.

For instance, I want to do some type of finish wood over the huge (and infamous) center beam in the great room, the overhang that makes up the clerestory and the posts in the great room. Also, I am trying to decide what type of moulding to add to the clerestory windows. This picture shows the windows, center beam(between the fans), the support posts, and the overhang.

Perhaps something like this along the beams and the overhang (from a different house):

In addition baseboards are still vexing me. Do I just paint and caulk or do I use Flex Moulding products. Does anyone have experience with flexible moulding? I cannot find someone who stocks it. This website is what I am thinking Flex Moulding.

Speaking of windows, I just noticed the interior plaster folks brought their plaster all the way to the edge of the window leaving no header, or side space to hang anything on. Here is an earlier picture of the window in question.


Yes, contractors do need to be babysat. I am just not feeling the love for SLO Contractors these days.

No comments: