Thursday, July 27, 2006

Did I say it was hot?

I would really like to thank my neighbor Peter for calling and letting me know there was a fire going on and for sending me the pictures below. I also want to thank the California Department of Forestry for responding in force and limiting the amount of structural damage. As you can tell from these photos, those guys did one hell of a job. Thanks again. It is not that often that you get to see your tax dollars at work this well.

Click on the photos for a close up view



Unfortunately, it got a lot hotter on Sunday, July 24th thanks to a small fire.

This is the view out the back door:


Lucky the water tank did not burn but it is scorched.





The fire burned right up to the 5th wheel and only 15 feet from the house.




It looks like the electrical pole behind the house had some issues and started a grass fire.

1 comment:

DAMbot said...

This is a pretty epic tale considering all the that's occurred on your property - from the dishonest contracters to the land bursting into flames.

Gotta say - I was a little skeptical that a blog about straw bale construction would be entertaining, but I have been corrected in my views. Best of luck to you.

Oh yeah, and I dig the audio clip.